Home - Landlord

If you own property and rent it to others, we offer an insurance plan that meets the real-world needs of landlords. That's what sets our program apart - we specialize in helping landlords like you get the most value for your money.

We aren't the only company selling landlord and rental property insurance today. That's why we're committed to doing a better job than the competition. You don't have to pay for a lot of unnecessary extras that many other companies bundle into their policies. We provide landlords solid coverage in a highly flexible package. When you work with me, you have access to the nation's most experienced team of insurance experts.

We'll insure your tenant-occupied dwelling, other structures and furnishings. Additionally, we offer a landlord package that includes coverage for personal property, loss of rents and landlord liability.

Broad Eligibility

We sell Dwelling Fire One and Dwelling Fire Three landlord and rental policies. The following types of properties are eligible for our program:

  • Multiple location landlord properties (including limited license corporations and corporations)
  • Duplexes, triplexes and quads
  • Converted Victorians
  • Row homes
  • Properties with up to four living units
  • Older and lower-value homes

  • Homes with minimal cosmetic conditions
  • Vacant homes
  • Properties under renovation
  • Fixer-uppers

Property Coverage

Our Landlord policy provides property coverage in the event of a loss. Property insurance covers physical loss to you property. While no insurance policy covers everything, your policy should cover a wide range of possible damages or causes of loss. Our landlord policy provides coverage on a comprehensive or named peril basis, including coverage for:

  • Fire
  • Explosion
  • Lightning
  • Windstorm
  • Hail damage

  • Optional Coverages

    We offer important optional coverage that let you customize you policy. Some coverages may be subject to company approval and may not be available in all states. These are a few of the most popular coverage options:

    • Replacement cost coverage on the home
    • Liability coverage
    • Coverage for theft
    • Coverage for vandalism
    • Loss of rents
    • Landlord Personal Liability Coverage

    Coverage for Vacant Property

    If you purchase a home to renovate and rent out, or if you're between tenants and the home is temporarily vacant, we have coverage for vacant properties. We offer up to two years of coverage for vacant properties, and your policy can be cancelled at any time with a pro-rated premium return (subject to minimum earned premium).

    Settlement Methods

    Your settlement method depends on which policy you choose and whether or not you purchase any optional endorsements.

    • Actual Cash Value. Our base policy has an Actual Cash Value settlement. An ACV settlement is the cost to replace or repair you damaged property, with a deduction to reflect the age and condition of the damaged property.
    • Replacement Cost . Our policy with Replacement Cost settlement reflects the cost to repair or replace damaged items with new items at today's prices.
    • Agreed Loss Settlement. An Agreed Loss Settlement means that in the case of a covered total loss to the home, your settlement will be the Amount of Insurance listed on your Declarations Page, with no deductible on the coverage for your home, unless stated elsewhere in the policy.
    • Extended Replacement Cost. For a covered total loss, if the cost to replace the home is more than the Amount of Insurance, up to an additional 25% of the Amount of Insurance on the home is available.

    Some coverage may be subject to area restrictions and limited. Please contact me to learn more and to find out which options are the best for you.

Return to our services list